Thank you to everyone who has donated to our campaign so far! We have had generous financial donors, but we’ve also had people generously give of their time and talents.
Thank you, Heather Moffett for donating your time and talents to make campaign specific face masks for us! And Thank you, Kate Crosby for donating your time and talents to work with me on designs and emblazoning hats with our campaign logo!
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank my all volunteer campaign committee for the countless hours and invaluable expertise that they have lent to this effort so far. I am excited to work with this brilliant and growing team in the coming months! Together we will bring change!
My most excellent campaign team includes
- Ryan Bourinski, Campaign Manager
- Kurt Golden, Campaign Manager’s Assistant
- Sally Combs, Contact & Volunteer Coordinator
- Adele Barone, Fundraising Coordinator
- Jenn Weir, Event Coordinator
- Steve Wahrhaftig, Media Relations & Marketing Advisor
- Mandie Reusch, Social Media Coordinator
All of your work is truly appreciated!
As the New Year approaches, we are looking back on the 2020 campaign and forward to 2022.
In 2020, we had limited time to plan and campaign due to both ballot access laws and the impacts of the Coronavirus pandemic. We may have lost our ballot access in 2020 but we carried on the fight with a write-in campaign. By continuing our campaign, we were able
- To help bring the Libertarian message to the 15 counties of the 12th District. Major newspapers throughout the district sought our perspective on issues from healthcare to the economy and more.
- To energize Libertarians in the 12th District to volunteer, share their ideas and get out and vote.
- To support candidates for the PA Assembly, from the 68th, 107th and 110th in bringing the Libertarian message to their districts.
All of this combined to result in a higher percentage of votes for Libertarian statewide candidates (the Presidential ticket, Attorney General, Auditor General and State Treasurer) across the district (as compared to their statewide total) helping to push their vote totals above the threshold needed for minor party status for the Libertarian Party.
Minor Party status means that the Libertarian Party of PA
- Will not have to collect signatures for special elections, our candidates will have ballot access.
- Will be included in voter registration opportunities, for example if you register to vote at the DMV, “Libertarian” will be an option for party registration.
- Will have control over who is listed as a “Libertarian” candidate on the ballot. To be listed the candidate will have to be the legitimate nominee of the Libertarian Party of PA, not just someone who wants to run as a libertarian.
Now we are planning for 2022. We intend to make the most of our time, time we did not have in 2020. Our first step is to seek the Libertarian Party of PA’s nomination for Liz Terwilliger to run as the Libertarian Party candidate for the US House of Representatives from PA’s 12th District. We are forming our campaign team now. We need your help to build up our financial resources for the fight ahead.
According to the FEC, in the 2020 Campaign the Republican candidate spent over $1,000,000, the Democratic candidate spent over $34,000 and we spent just over $5,500. We need to start building our reserves now for the campaign ahead! Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. On our donation page you have the option to make a one-time donation or to make a monthly donation. I would humbly request that you consider a monthly donation. Recurring donations of even $5 a month can go a long way to ensuring that come 2022, we have the resources we need to not only fight for inclusion of the Libertarian perspective but fight to win!
To make a contribution to our campaign, visit http://lizterwilligerforcongress.org/index.php/donations/